Proctoring - Exam Request
- Exams Due throughout the Term
- Students must request exams at least 2 weeks prior to the first exam deadline. (Refer to course schedule.) After the deadline, DE Support Services cannot guarantee a timely delivery of requested exams.
- Exams Due at End of Term
- All exams due at the end of term must be requested by week 8 of the semester. After week 8 DE Support Services cannot guarantee a timely delivery of requested exams.
- Requirements for Online Exams
Most courses with online exams are now utilizing Canvas or other publisher websites to administer exams. Students are responsible for ensuring their chosen proctor meets the following requirements.
- Students are responsible to make sure their proctors have the following Canvas compatible browser. Check course exam requirements before taking exam.
- Google Chrome(Canvas preferred)
- Internet Explorer(My IT Lab preferred)
- Proctor has no firewall that will prevent any exam to be administered
- Proctor has no restrictions that will prohibit exam to be completed. (Time, quiet area, etc..)
- Proctor has a computer for student use. (Student can not use their own laptop or other personal device)
- Choosing a Proctor
- select and contact a certified proctor in your area, or
- have your proctor become certified
- Only UVU Distance Education Certified proctors may be requested. If your selected proctor has not been certified or is suspended, please have your proctor complete the Proctor Certification Form and submit.
- It is the students' responsibility to make sure their proctor has been certified and their exam request has been received.
- If a change in proctor is needed, the student must request exams again with the new proctor information.
- Request Exams
- Proctored Exams for a course need only be requested once each semester.
- Please request exams for all courses that require proctoring simultaneously.
- All exams for requested course and proctor will be sent when available from instructor.
- Exam packets will be emailed to designated proctors and will include proctor instructions, exam codes or exams, scantrons (if needed).
- The student is responsible for meeting all deadlines as noted in course. No early/late exam is to be administered without instructor approval.
- All Exam Requests will take at least 1 business day to be processed.